Shoalhaven City Art CentreLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Shoalhaven City Art Centre is a multi purpose cultural building operated by the Shoalhaven City Council. The centre houses the Shoalhaven Regional Gallery and significant works from the City's permanent Art Collection. The gallery also has four gallery spaces that have community exhibitions rotating on a monthly basis. The facility also has meeting rooms for hire with discounted rates for community groups. The second level of the facility is home to 313 Media and Shoalhaven FM - community Radio Station.
Resident organisations at Shoalhaven City Art Centre: 313 Media Nowra - New Media Training provider Shoalhaven FM - Community Radio
Co-located facility:Next door to the City Library, across the road to the Nowra School of Arts can also be found at the same location as Shoalhaven City Art Centre.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 02 4422 0648
12 Berry Street
Nowra, NSW 2541
Other facilities in Nowra
Local Government Area: Shoalhaven City Council
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Shoalhaven City Art Centre does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
- Inhouse catering for functions
Collection items: Between 500 and 1000 items