Peppin Heritage CentreLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
The Deniliquin Visitor Information Centre and Peppin Heritage Centre is situated in George Street, Deniliquin. It was originally the Deniliquin Public School and was renamed the Peppin Heritage Centre in honour of the Peppin Family and the influence they had on the founding of the Australian Merino Industry. The Peppin Heritage Centre incorporates a Visitor Information Centre, Exhibition Space and Museum that is open and available to the public from 9am-4pm daily. Situated right next door to the Crossing Cafe, visitors can sit and relax and enjoy the Edward River views, surrounding lawns and great coffee. The Peppin Heritage Centre is one of the few remaining Bicentennial Grant Museums and is classified as a National Trust Building.
Additional purpose: Museum / Cafe / Visitor Information Centre
Co-located facility:Deniliquin Visitor Information Centre The Crossing Cafe Peppin Heritage Centre can also be found at the same location as Peppin Heritage Centre.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 03 5898 3120
Deniliquin, NSW 2710
Other facilities in Deniliquin
Local Government Area: Deniliquin Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Social history exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Peppin Heritage Centre has dedicated parking (spaces: 30).
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 10.0