Parramatta Artists StudiosLast updated Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011.
Parramatta City Council is working to make Parramatta a ‘Creative City’. Building on the success of the Riverside Theatres and the Parramatta Heritage Centre, Council has adopted an ambitious strategy to increase the opportunities for artists and the community to participate in the arts.
As part of this strategy, Parramatta City Council, with assistance from the NSW State Government through Arts NSW, has established the Parramatta Artists Studios. The Studios are situated on the ancestral lands of the Burramattagal people, a clan of the Darug.
Located in the centre of Parramatta’s CBD, in the heart of Western Sydney, the Studios offer affordable non-residential and residential studios as well as exhibition space to emerging and established contemporary artists and creative industry professionals.
The Studios also deliver the Urban Indigenous Artist Exchange Program in partnership with the Canada Council for the Arts as well as the annual $20,000 Parramatta Arts Fellowship to a Parramatta-based artist.
The Studios aim to provide affordable studio space and professional development opportunities for contemporary artists and also aim to deliver partnership-driven and community-connected arts projects and initiatives.
Additional purpose: Artists Studios complex for contemporary artists
Resident organisations at Parramatta Artists Studios: 14 individual workspaces leased on 6,12,18 month leases 1 Residential studio - national, international residencies
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 02 9687 6090
45 Hunter Street
Parramatta, NSW 2150
Other facilities in Parramatta
Local Government Area: Parramatta City Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- New media exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
Dedicated parking: Parramatta Artists Studios has dedicated parking (spaces: 15).
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 10.0
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: