Parkes Shire Library and Cultural CentreLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Parkes Library and Cultural Centre was purpose built in 2000. The main function of the facility is public library services and cultural services, including exhibitions, civic events and youth events.
Additional purpose: Small gallery space and theatrette is available within the Library.
Co-located facility:Public Library, cultural centre and Council Administration building are co-located. Collaborative projects undertaken include touring and local exhibitions, authors, children activities and civic functions. can also be found at the same location as Parkes Shire Library and Cultural Centre.
2 Cecile Street
Parkes, NSW 2870
Other facilities in Parkes
Local Government Area: Parkes Shire Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Children's Literacy and reading
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Library services
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- Social history exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- Corporate functions
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Parkes Shire Library and Cultural Centre does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: