Orange Regional GalleryLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Aims and Objectives (as reviewed in 2007) are: To develop and promote Orange Regional Gallery, its services and programs, to the local and national community as a leading arts resource, facilitator and venue; to provide educational services and information on the visual arts in order to facilitate the cultural development of the community; the acquisition of artworks for the permanent collection in the areas of Australian painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, sculptural ceramics, costume and jewellery since 1916; to commission, and encourage others to commission, public sculptures according to the Regional Gallery Public Art Plan.
Resident organisations at Orange Regional Gallery: Orange Regional Gallery
Co-located facility:Orange Regional Gallery only, but co-located with Orange Library and Theatre in "Cultural precinct" can also be found at the same location as Orange Regional Gallery.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
149 Byng Street
Orange, NSW 2800
Other facilities in Orange
Local Government Area: Orange City Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Music performances
- New media exhibitions
- Social history exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Orange Regional Gallery has dedicated parking (spaces: 175).
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 10.0
Collection items: Between 500 and 1000 items
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: