Kogarah Library and Cultural CentreLast updated Wednesday, 08 Dec 2010.
The Kogarah Cultural Centre is located within the Kogarah Library. The space hosts a range of arts and cultural activities, including exhibits, performances and community activities. One of the key programs in the Cultural Centre is Council's Community Art Space Program. The program is an initiative of Council, where local artists and groups are able to exhibit their works free of charge in a gallery area at the entrance to the Library and Cultural Centre. Opportunities for artists to exhibit their works are often costly and hard to come by, so through the Community Art Space Program, Council wanted to provide opportunities for local artists and groups to exhibit their works and showcase the wide-ranging talent in the City of Kogarah community.
Additional purpose: The Cultural Centre Space hosts exhibits as well as a range of activities including musicians, authors, speakers and group activities for various groups within the community.
Co-located facility:Located with Library can also be found at the same location as Kogarah Library and Cultural Centre.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 02 9330 9527
Town Centre Belgrave Street
Kogarah, NSW 2217
Other facilities in Kogarah
Local Government Area: Kogarah City Council
- Children's Literacy and reading
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Dance performances
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Library services
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- Social history exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Kogarah Library and Cultural Centre does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
- Cafe/Interval Bar in the Foyer
- Inhouse catering for functions
Visitors2007/8: difficult to determine. >250k to library and >17k to events in library and cultural centre
2008/9: difficult to determine. >250k to library and >17k to events in library and cultural centre
School visitors: 10.0
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: