Herb Greedy HallLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Herb Greedy Hall is situated under the shadow of the spire of the nearby St Clements Church. Located on Petersham Road, the hall was officially opened on 25 November 1961. Astute visitors will notice a plaque near the entrance which indicates that the then Mayor of Marrickville, J.J. Fitzgerald officiated at the initial opening ceremony. The hall was subsequently renamed in memory of an Alderman who served on Marrickville Council during the 1960s, Herbert ("Herb") Greedy. In 1996 the Herb Greedy Hall received a $120,000 refurbishment. Carol Ruff, a prominent mural painter and the artist responsible for some of the artwork featured on the Council's Magic Yellow Bus, did the musically themed mural on Herb Greedy's northern wall. Today the Herb Greedy Hall remains a popular meeting point for a number of community organisations including seniors groups and affiliated sporting clubs. The Marrickville Heritage Society also meets there regularly. The building normally has between 2-3 groups using it each day.
Additional purpose: The building is primarily used as a community hall for local organisations to utilise.
Category: Community Hall
Phone: 02 9335 2222
79 Petersham Road
Marrickville, NSW 2204
Other facilities in Marrickville
Local Government Area: Marrickville Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Dance performances
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- Social history exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Herb Greedy Hall does not have dedicated parking.
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 1.0