Hannaford Community CentreLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
The Hannaford Community Centre is a general purpose hall available for hire by the public (individuals, groups and organisations) for a variety of uses including - private functions, community events, charity/not-for-profit activities and meetings/conferences. The facility is located within the Leichhardt Local Government Area (LGA) on land which traditionally belonged to the Gadigal & Wangal people, of the Eora nation. The Leichhardt LGA is a unique area with a long cultural heritage and a special beauty that comes from it's Sydney Harbour location and 'old suburb' origins. The Leichhardt LGA has a 16 km frontage to Sydney Harbour and Parramatta River. The Hannaford Community Centre has a particular focus on providing programs, services and information to seniors (people aged 55 years +) within the Leichhardt LGA. Programs and services operating from the Hannaford Community Centre are organised/offered by both Council and non-Council groups. A minimum of 70% of all activity at the Hannaford Community Centre must be targeted at seniors. The Hannaford Community Centre opened 1976. The centre was named after Harrie S. Hannaford who ran a produce store from the site between 1936 and 1975. Prior to Hannaford purchasing the site it had operated as a furniture store and, originally, had been built as the Rozelle chapel of the Primitive Methodists.
Category: Community Hall
Phone: 02 9367 9057
608 Darling Street
Rozelle, NSW 2039
Other facilities in Rozelle
Local Government Area: Leichhardt Municipal Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Dance performances
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- Youth programs and activities
- Web design classes & photography/graphic design workshops
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Hannaford Community Centre does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us:
- Phone: 02 9367 9057
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.leichhardt.nsw.gov.au/hannaford-centre.html