The Concourse, ChatswoodLast updated Wednesday, 21 Dec 2011.
The Concourse, Chatswood Listing update
The Concourse is a state-of-the-art entertainment and events precinct, conveniently located in Chatswood on Sydney’s North Shore, only 10 minutes from the CBD and 30 minutes from the airport. The Concourse is Sydney’s newest and boldest entertainment and events destination, and includes a diverse range of performance and corporate facilities.
The Concert Hall
Acoustically excellent, the Concert Hall provides a sensational atmosphere for a diverse range of performances, from classical music to chamber ensembles, jazz, world and pop music. The technical facilities are exemplary and will ensure any meeting, product launch, concert or show is serviced to the highest level.
The Concert Hall is based on a traditional European design, creating an intimate space with the high ceiling maintaining a sense of grandeur. Performers enjoy an open concert platform and exceptional wing space, dressing rooms, storage and technical facilities. Two levels of seating accommodate approximately 1,000 patrons – with 462 stalls, 424 balcony and 114 choir stalls.
With excellent sightlines and acoustics, The Theatre attracts regular seasons of professional touring theatre companies, cultural workshops as well as amateur musical societies. In addition, The Theatre is perfect for corporate events, seminars, product launches and presentations.
The Theatre provides an adaptable performing and entertainment space. Built with two tiers of seating, it accommodates approximately 500 patrons (361 stalls, 139 circle). It also features a fly tower, orchestra pit, level loading dock access and numerous practical support spaces. As one of the most versatile spaces at The Concourse, it is designed to meet a wide range of needs.
The Civic Pavilion
Offering state-of-the-art features and flexibility, in a light-filled, vibrant space, the Civic Pavilion is perfect for corporate functions, exhibitions, weddings, celebrations and large community events. This multi-functional venue features a flat 509sqm floor with a divisible wall, two dressing rooms, and a full catering kitchen.
With excellent presentation and conference capability, the Civic Pavilion allows for rapid and simple setup of technical equipment for exhibition, display and audiovisual presentations. In addition there are a number of break-out areas and spaces throughout the venue, providing a complete range of event solutions. It can accommodate up to 500 patrons in theatre mode, 430 in banquet mode, or 300 in classroom mode.
The Studio’s 149sqm semi-sprung floor makes it ideal for community dance performances, workshops and rehearsals as well as an intimate performance space for recitals and theatre.
Other spaces on the site include:
- Rehearsal Room. 149sqm of additional preparation space, perfect for rehearsals or intimate performances.
- Green Room. A 119sqm space.
- Orchestra Room. A 115sqm space, with streams of natural light, that can be also be used for small conferences and meetings or as a break-out area for conferences.
- Chorus Room. A 72sqm space with a dividing wall, ideal for small meetings or as break-out rooms for conferences.
- The Lounge. A 50sqm space located on the ground level, with a serving area for catering.
- Dressing rooms. 12 Dressing Rooms are available for visiting performers.
- Office space. Three office spaces are available for short-term use. 5000sqm Library 92sqm Arts space for exhibitions 240-bed Hotel Retail, Cafes and Restaurants
The Concourse offers 400 car parking bays on-site and another 8,000 within a two-block radius.
The Concourse provides wheelchair access to all of its venues.
Restaurants and Bars
The Concourse has a range of sophisticated restaurants and cafes with a wide range of world cuisines, offering patrons an unparalleled cultural-gastronomical experience on the North Shore.
• G'Thai Restaurant - 8971 3268 / email@example.com
Shop 2, The Concourse
G'Thai Restaurant culminates the unique and exotic flavours of Thai cuisine. With so much variety to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice and the food will leave you with a lasting impression. Features: BYO, function ability, group bookings, take-away.
• Terrazza Cafe, Restaurant and Pizzeria - 9419 5304 or book online
Shop 3, The Concourse
Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 11pm, Sat 8am to 12pm, Sun 9am to 11pm
A superb Italian cafe and restaurant with pizzas cooked in a wood fired oven, antipasti, pasta, salads, panini and more. Dine indoors or enjoy alfresco dinning. Features: Live Jazz (6pm-9pm on Fridays), licensed, group bookings.
• Shanghai Stories 1938 - 9412 3880 or book online
Shop 4, The Concourse
Opening hours: 11am - 11pm, Monday to Friday
Authentic and modern Chinese cuisine and yum cha. Shanghai Stories serves modern Shanghainese cuisine and yum cha daily. Features: BYO, licensed, outdoor dining, functions.
• Grill'd - Opening mid December 2011
Shop 7, The Concourse
Grill'd are a healthy burger specialist. Their menu offers 18 meal-sized burgers made from 100 per cent beef, chicken breast, lamb and veggie patties. Many of the burgers incorporate non-traditional quality toppings such as cranberry sauce, roasted capsicum, Brie cheese and avocado. The menu also features two steak sandwiches made from premium prime aged scotch fillet, four meal-sized, made-to-order salads as well as a pack designed specifically for kids seven and under called the 'Mini Me'.
Tel. +61 2 9411 8144
Monday to Friday
409 Victoria Av, Chatswood, 2067
Mail: PO Box 1542 Chatswood
NSW 2057 Australia
THE CONCOURSE VENUE HIRE
Tel. +61 2 9411 8144
CHATSWOOD LIBRARY on The Concourse
Lower Ground, The Concourse
409 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood NSW 2067
Tel. +61 2 9777 7900
Co-located facility:The Chatswood Library
Cafes, bars and restaurants
can also be found at the same location as The Concourse, Chatswood.
Phone: +61 2 9411 8144
Other facilities in Chatswood
Local Government Area: Willoughby City Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Children's Literacy and reading
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Dance performances
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Library services
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- New media exhibitions
- Social history exhibitions
- Theatre performances
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- Venues for hire available
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: The Concourse, Chatswood has dedicated parking (spaces: 400).
Disabled access: yes
- Cafe/Interval Bar in the Foyer
- Dedicated cafe/restaurant (separate from the foyer)
- Inhouse catering for functions
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: