Coffs Harbour Regional GalleryLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery is a small, highly-utilised converted office space located in Rigby House, a Council owned and managed property close to the CBD. It is situated on land traditionally owned by the Kumbaingeri people. Despite its inadequate size and paucity of staff, Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery is the city's most significant cultural facility, installing up to 16 exhibitions per annum from travelling shows, curated shows featuring important Australian artists and promoting regional emerging artists in a designated Featured Artist space. The Galley has its own national acquisitive art prize for Still Life painting (now in its 3rd year) and its own festival held annually in the first week of November. The Gallery has a Yamaha grand piano which is in frequent use in monthly Salon events, at openings and at the Gallery's numerous opera recitals. The Gallery is central to the cultural life of the City which is otherwise dominated by sport.
Co-located facility:Department of Community Services, Economic Development Unit and Planning are also located in upper floors of the building. can also be found at the same location as Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 02 6648 4863
Other facilities in Coffs Harbour
Local Government Area: Coffs Harbour City Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Dance performances
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- New media exhibitions
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
Dedicated parking: Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 10.0
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us:
- Phone: 02 6648 4863
- Website: http://www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au