Cherrybrook Community and Cultural CentreLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
During the 1980s, the population of Cherrybrook grew significantly and existing facilities came to be considered inadequate. In 1988 Council invited architects to make consultancy submissions for a community centre. The centre was opened in 1991.
Additional purpose: Auditorium with stage, foyer with gallery system and bar, three meeting rooms, two commercial kitchens
Resident organisations at Cherrybrook Community and Cultural Centre: Cherrybrook Chinese Community Association
Co-located facility:Located within Greenway Park precinct which includes ovals, sporting facilities, Early Education Centre, swimming pool can also be found at the same location as Cherrybrook Community and Cultural Centre.
Cherrybrook, NSW 2126
Other facilities in Cherrybrook
Local Government Area: Hornsby Shire Council
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- any tactile indicators (e.g.. Braille on signage, changes in surface that can be felt with a cane, marking on stair rises)
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Cherrybrook Community and Cultural Centre has dedicated parking (spaces: 100).
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
Visitors2007/8: Not available
2008/9: Not available
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: