Bondi PavilionLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
Bondi Pavilion houses a multidisciplinary Cultural Centre consisting of a 220 seat theatre, amphitheatre, art gallery, pottery workshops, two multipurpose halls and music studios. The Centre, established by Waverley Council in 1978 to provide artists and community with accessible arts venues and programs, produces and hosts both professional and community based arts practice.
Additional purpose: The 122 sq m Art Gallery is a major component of the Cultural Centre with approx 26 exhibitions per year, several curated annually in conjunction with Pavilion programs, the remainder by local and regional artists.
Resident organisations at Bondi Pavilion: Bondi Pavilion Community Cultural Centre (Waverley Council Cultural Services), Flickerfest International Short Film Festival, Marine Discovery Centre Bondi, Bondi Openair Cinema, Tamarama Rock Surfers Theatre Co.(from April 2010)
Co-located facility:Not Co-located but collaborates with Library and Community Services and Council Place Management Units to produce and or promote arts and cultural events across the Council area. can also be found at the same location as Bondi Pavilion.
Phone: 02 8362 3400
Bondi Pavilion Queen Elizabeth Drive
BONDI BEACH, NSW 2026
Other facilities in BONDI BEACH
Local Government Area: Waverley Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Community learning and skill development training
- Community social events e.g. weddings
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Dance performances
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Literature writing events
- Music performances
- New media exhibitions
- Social history exhibitions
- Theatre performances
- Visual arts exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- Festivals, Launches, Meetings, Rehearsals, Filming and Functions
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- a set down area at the facility entrance with a kerb ramp to allow access from the road to the entrance
- a wider parking space(s) designated for accessible parking
- handrails fitted to stairs and ramps
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Bondi Pavilion has dedicated parking (spaces: 483 +4 disability).
Disabled access: yes
- Cafe/Interval Bar in the Foyer
Visitors2007/8: 190,000 participants Estimates only - as many activities are free or run by external providers and exact participant numbers are not always reported. Approx. 3000 weekly plus festivals (1000 to 30,000) increases visitation.
2008/9: 200,000 participants Estimates only - as many activities are free or run by external providers and exact participant numbers are not always reported. Approx. 3000 weekly plus festivals (1000 to 30,000) increases visitation.
School visitors: 7.0
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: