Albury Library/MuseumLast updated Friday, 26 Nov 2010.
The award winning and distinctive Albury Library/Museum opened for the community in 2007 and brings together state-of-the-art technology, heritage, engaging interactive exhibitions, reading and research in one facility. With 20,000 visitors each month the Library/Museum has become a community hub providing seven day opening, access to books and CD’s for loan, free web access through 20 computers and a wireless network. Visitors also have access to a research and information service with access to an extensive local history collection, the semi permanent exhibition Crossing Place: a story of Albury, and a diverse exhibition program featuring touring exhibitions, works from the Albury City Collection and community exhibitions. A wide range of public, educational and outreach programs are offered through the Library/Museum.
Additional purpose: library
Resident organisations at Albury Library/Museum: Friends of the LibraryMuseum
Co-located facility:The library service and the museum are located under one roof and operate in a converged staff and resource structure. can also be found at the same location as Albury Library/Museum.
Category: Gallery/Museum (paid staff)
Phone: 02 6023 8333
Cnr Kiewa and Swift Streets
Albury, NSW 2640
Other facilities in Albury
Local Government Area: Albury City Council
- Arts Industry Workshops and training activities
- Children's Literacy and reading
- Community workshops and participatory activities
- Craft exhibitions
- Design exhibitions
- Education programs for schools
- Indigenous arts exhibitions and events
- Library services
- Literature writing events
- New media exhibitions
- Social history exhibitions
- Youth programs and activities
- accessible toilets
- a continuous accessible path of travel within the building to all public spaces, services and facilities
- the capacity for people in wheelchairs to sit with their companions in auditoriums or other fixed seating areas
Dedicated parking: Albury Library/Museum does not have dedicated parking.
Disabled access: yes
CateringNo catering facilities are on offer.
School visitors: 10.0
Collection items: Between 10,000 - 50,000 items
Hiring a facility
If you would like to enquire about any of our facilities, contact us: